10.06.2013

Good Vibrations

Do you hate your alarm clock in the morning?  You do have an alarm clock, right? Do not tell me you are one of those people who just wake up by some natural biorhythm everyday, because honestly, I don't want to hear about it.  I am not a morning person.  Never have been, never will be.


I love the snooze button.  

I have to set my alarm early enough to allow myself to hit the snooze button at least three times.  

Yes, it seems stupid and counterproductive, but betting that I will get up the first time is a guaranteed losing bet.

Not all of the alarm clocks in my house are set to the radio, or some now quite irritating chime on my phone.  That doesn't work if you are Deaf, and since James is and still has to get up to work everyday, he has a special alarm clock.  

It vibrates.  

It looks like a regular alarm clock, but it has a small attachment that is placed under the mattress and when it goes off... well HELLO MAMA IT IS TIME TO WAKE UP!  

It also has a snooze button, so the same temptations of staying under the covers just a little longer are there.  


Which brings me to a funny story.  

Last weekend we went out of town and my mom came along.  We stayed at a friend's house who is Deaf, but was not home that weekend.  

She ended up in a bed with a vibrating alarm... that unbeknownst to us was set.... for 4:30 am.  Yikes!!  My poor mom couldn't figure out what was going on or how to shut it off... and when she thought she had it shut off... it turns out it was just the snooze button.  

Seriously... a new alarm clock, the darkness of 4:30am!  I would be grasping and hitting any button I could! Bless her heart!  Lucky she was such a good sport about it.... better than I would have been. 

So, anyone out there ready to try a vibrating alarm?


No comments:

Post a Comment