10.17.2011

Halloween Door Decorations

This year, holiday decorations are on a budget. A shoestring budget.  I have collected several little decorations over the years; things to hang on the wall, place on the mantel or other flat surfaces to collect dust and look cute.  With a toddler and 10-month-old, these are NOT practical or safe
Plus, I realize I need to focus more on big-impact design ideas.  But big-impact and shoestring budget seem mutually exclusive.  Enter my new love affair with Pinterest! (Follow me here) Where I found this:




My door is not painted that cool green, but with a little help from some big rolls of paper like you find at a school, I was able to create something similar.


It's not quite as sophisticated as the painted inspiration version, but I think it makes a similar big impact.  You can see this in the porch shot:

I do have a semi-protected porch and a glass door to help proctect the paper from the elements.  I am rather pleased with the big-impact, almost no-cost combination.  Now I am on the hunt for other similar decorating ideas. 

2 comments:

  1. found you on organizeyourstuffnow This is such a great idea for holloween! thanks for sharing!

    julianne

    www.sewfantastic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. So glad you did and enjoyed this idea. I can't wait to try a different scene next year.

    ReplyDelete