I love the web, but it does look a little lonely.
I need a spider.
A very large spider.
A very inexpensive, large spider.
Isn't that why they made black trash bags? I stuffed the trash bag half full with newpapers from the recycle bin and tied with a zip tie.
I have a new found love and respect for zip ties!
Add a little more newspaper to make a head, and you guessed it: another zip tie!
Then I used black electrical tape to round the corners of the body a little so it didn't look so boxy. I also used the electrical tape to hold back the excess trash bag behind the head.
Now the body is complete, just need to add the legs. Hmmm.
I need another inexpensive solution.
At the hardware store there are foam tubes that are used to insulate pipes. Conveniently, they are a black/dark gray color.
(Conveniently, my brother had some extras in his basement we borrowed.)
Enter the infamous zip ties again. Four pieces of pipe insulation gathered and zip tied together. (Ooops, this picture only shows three. That's what I started with. Then the honey came by and said, we need to be anatomically correct, so four it is. You will notice four in the final picture.) These are flexible, so just manipulate them and zip tie the ends to the webbing to hold them in place.
Yay!! I love it!
I had a few rubber spiders in my stash I got from Oriental Traders a few years back. I added them to areas of the web for extra effect.
Finally, I added the "mother" spider, by using a zip tie to attach the spider at the neck to the center of the web and the look is complete!
I am so happy with this, especially that it only cost a couple of dollars at most to make. I had almost everything on hand. Web and spider cost me less than $3.
Big impact, low cost.
Sign me up.
I am beaming with pride!!!